A nutritious and flavoured soup recipe made with beetroot, carrot and leek, topped with seeds.
BEETROOT, CARROT & LEEK SOUP
- 3 fresh beetrrot peeled and diced (wear rubber gloves to stop your hands turning pink)
- filtered water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 small leek finely diced
- 2 medium carrots finely diced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp sunflower and black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds optional
- In a large saucepan, add the beetroot, pour in filtered water until beetroot is covered and bring to the boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 30 mins or until the beetroot is tender. Rinse, season well and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, leeks, and carrots, turn the heat down and cook for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat and transfer onto a plate.
- Add the beetroots and cooked vegetables into a blender or food processor, pour in the warm vegetable broth and process until smooth. Sprinkle with seeds and serve.