I made this beautiful strawberry carpaccio yesterday to bring to a picnic my neighbour organized in her garden. Bearing in mind that we are having a heatwave here in the UK, and yesterday was the hottest day of the year so far, this fresh cooling recipe was a fabulous choice to cool us down.
This recipe proves that you don’t need to spend hours in the kitchen to wow your friends. It is a simple but impressive dessert recipe that would impress (and please) even your foodiest friends. The agave nectar and ginger sauce is definitely the wow factor in this recipe. Surely, ginger and strawberry are a match made in heaven!
Agave nectar ginger strawberry carpaccio
- 500 gr organic strawberries cut very thin
- 2.5 / 1 cm / in fresh ginger minced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp agave nectar or organic honey
- nuts or pistachios chopped (optional)
- Whisk together the minced ginger, agave nectar, and olive oil in a bowl until well combined.
- Cut the strawberries very thin and place them flat on a plate. Pour over the ginger sauce and let it marinate for 30 minutes in the fridge. Sprinkle with chopped nuts or pistachios (optional)