The perfect breakfast that would make you jump out of bed!. This berries chia seeds parfait is super nutritious, it can be made ahead the day before and… it can be a grab-and-go breakfast!
Berries chia seeds parfait breakfast
- 8 large fresh strawberries washed, stems removed and chopped
- 2 large strawberries washed, stem removed and cut in slices
- 1 cup almond milk or any plant-based milk of you choice
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ cup granola
- 2 tbsp chocolate shavings (vegan chocolate for a V version)
- 2 peaches cut in slices
- 10 fresh blackberries
- Place the chopped strawberries and almond milk in the bowl of a blender or and process for 1-2 minutes or until completely smooth.
- In a bowl, pour in the strawberry smoothy, the chia seeds and cinnamon, and using a wire whisk mix to combine. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until the seeds absorb all the liquid.
- Pour half of the mixture into a jar with lid (if you're planning to take it on the go) or into a glass, until half full, then place the strawberries slices around the sides of the glass.
- For the second layer, spoon in half of the granola and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of chocolate shavings. Then top with the slices of one peach, and half of the blackberries, and don't forget to sprinkle more chocolate shavings!
- Repeat steps 3 to 4 to make the second parfait.