These black bean and quinoa burgers are so easy to make! My favourite way to serve them is on a whole-wheat bun with grilled halloumi, fresh lettuce, and Tabasco mayonnaise!
Black Bean and Quinoa Burgers
- 400 gr black beans rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup quinoa
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp red onion minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- Place the quinoa in a saucepan over medium heat and cover with boiling water. Bring back to the boil and simmer for 10–15 minutes. Once cooked, remove and leave to cool.
- While the quinoa is cooking, roughly mash the black beans with a fork leaving some whole black beans in a paste-like mixture.
- Mix the quinoa, almond flour, onion, garlic, spices, salt, and egg into the black beans using your hands. Form the black bean mixture into 6 patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and cook the patties in the hot oil until heated through, 5 minutes per side or until brown.
Tried making these Black Bean and Quinoa Burgers?
Looking for more dinner inspiration?
Browse by Ingredient
Agave nectar Almond butter Almond flour Almonds Asparagus Avocado Banana Beetroot black beans Brownies Burgers Butternut Squash Carrot Cauliflower Cherry Chia seeds Chocolate Cocoa powder Coconut Coconut flour Courgette Couscous Cumin Dates Egg Feta cheese Ginger Honey Leek Lemon Nori Orange Papapa Parsnip quinoa Raw cacao Rice Rolled oats Salmon Spinach Strawberries Sweet potato Tahini Turmeric Wine