Make these perfect easy vegan baked carrot and cumin falafels with lots of flavours.
Baked Carrot and Cumin Falafel
- 120 g cooked chickpeas drained and dried
- 2 carrots grated
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ cup fresh coriander chopped
- ½ cup fresh mint chopped
- 1 lemon zest
- 4 tbsp water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 190° C – 375° F and line a large baking tray with parchment paper and slightly grease with oil.
- Place the chickpeas in a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped. Tip the rest of the ingredients and whizz to a rough paste. Season with salt and pepper to taste and scoop into a bowl.
- Form the mix into 24 flattish balls in your hands. Put onto the baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes each side or until golden.
- If the falafel is too dry, add additional water to the mixture.
- Store your leftover falafels in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.