This courgette avocado loaf cake is the perfect winter bake to sneak your vegetables into!
For those whom courgettes are not their cup of tea, don’t worry, you won’t even notice it as courgette simply adds more moisture to baked goods. I would say the avocado is the real star of this cake as it gives a beautiful silky feel to the sponge.
It’s also super easy and quick to make, in just 45 minutes you can have a nutritious loaf cake to have for breakfast or as a snack. And if you would like to make it even fancier, cover it with a thin layer of lemon and sugar glaze!
Courgette avocado loaf cake
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/5 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 free-range eggs large
- 2 tbsp organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 2 cups courgette (zuchinni) grated
- 1 avocado medium, peeled, pitted and diced
- lemon zest (optional)
- sugar glaze (optional)
- Grease and dust with almond flour a 6.5x 4-inch medium loaf pan
- Preheat the oven to 180°C – 350°F In a food processor, pulse to combine almond flour, baking soda and sea salt. Crack the eggs into the bowl, coconut oil and honey and pulse to combine. Put in the courgette and avocado and pulse again to combine all well. Spoon the mixture into the loaf pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool for 2 hours. Optional: Cover with sugar glaze and top with lemon zest. Serve and enjoy!