Couscous Moroccan-style stew
- 180 ml vegetable stock homemade or store-bought
- 120 g couscous
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion medium, chopped
- 2 garlic clove thinly chopped
- 100 g tagine paste
- 40 g dried apricots chopped
- 1 cup tomato passata
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 160 g chickpeas cooked
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 100 g feta cheese crumbled
- 30 g almonds chopped
- 1 bunch fresh parsley roughly chopped
- Bring the vegetable stock to a boil, when boiling, remove from the heat, stir in the couscous, cover with a lid and set aside for 8-10 mins or until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 4-5 mins or until softened. Then add the garlic, tagine paste and dried apricots. Cook for a further 1 minute.
- Stir in the passata, 2 tbsp of water and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the chickpeas and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly. Add the spinach and cook until wilted.
- In the meantime, fluff up the couscous with a fork and stir through a drizzle of olive oil and half the parsley. Season with salt and pepper if need it. Serve the couscous in bowls, spoon the stew on top and finish with the feta, chopped almonds and the remaining parsley. Enjoy!