These Pretzel caramel pecan brownies are the perfect combination of sweet, salty, crunchy and gooey. A must-bake!
Pretzel Caramel Pecan Brownies
- 150 g unsalted butter cut into cubes
- 300 g organic dark chocolate broken into pieces
- 35 g cornflour
- 85 g white rice flour sifted
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 3 eggs large
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 95 g organic dark chocolate chips
- 125 ml single cream
- 100 g pecans chopped
- caramel sauce (store-bought or homemade*)
- Pretzels Gluten-free , if needed
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC, (325ºF). Grease a 29 x 19 cm baking tin and line with non-stick baking paper.
- In a medium saucepan, place the butter and chocolate over low heat stir until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl and let it cool at room temperature.
- In another bowl, place the cornflour, xanthan gum, rice flour and brown sugar. Stir the eggs, one at time, and vanilla extract into the chocolate mixture. Add the chocolate chips, the flour mixture, cream and pecans and mix well until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the tin, smooth the surface and bake for 20 minutes or until an inserted skewer withdraws clean. Allow it to cool slightly in the tin.
- Spoon the caramel sauce over the top of the brownie and allow to cool at room temperature for 3 hours or until set. Top with some pretzels and slice to serve.