Moist and delicious cauliflower and avocado bread loaf with sage leaves on top which give it a fragrant aroma.
Sage cauliflower and avocado bread loaf
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp celtic sea salt
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp organic honey
- ¾ cup cauliflower rice
- 1 small avocado peeled, pitted and diced
- 4 pitted dates
- 1 tbsp fresh sage finely chopped
- 5-6 fresh sage leaves for decorating optional
- 2 tbsp maple syrup optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C ( 350° F ) and lightly grease and line with non-stick bakingpaper a 6.5x 4 inch medium loaf pan.
FOR THE CAULIFLOWER RICE
- Cut the head of a medium cauliflower into quarters then trim out the inner core from each quarter.
- Break apart the cauliflower into large florets with your hands. If the core is tender, you can chip it into pieces and add it with the florets.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a food processor. Don't fill the food processor more than 3/4 full; if necessary, process in two batches.
- Process the cauliflower in 1-second pulses until it has completely broken down into rice-sized granules. Set aside 3/4 cup of cauliflower rice and store the rest in the fridge up for 3 days.
FOR THE BREAD LOAF
- Add the almond flour, baking soda and sea salt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until just combined. Then crack the eggs into the bowl, pour in the coconut oil and honey and process to combine.
- Add the 3/4 cup of cauliflower rice, avocado, dates and chopped fresh sage and process until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf pan and smooth the top. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Allow to cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes before placing it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the bread loaf is cooling, heat a small saucepan of water over high heat and bring to the boil. Blanch the sage leaves, then drain on paper towel and set aside. When the loaf of bread is cool enough to handle, top the sages leaves all around the loaf and gently brush with maple syrup until the leaves are stick on well.
Tried making this sage cauliflower & avocado bread loaf ? Share a photo on my Facebook’ page, or tag #ommfoodsrecipes on Instagram.