Creamy and smooth sweet potato and parsnip soup mildly spicy and richly flavoured.
Thai Sweet Potato and Parsnip Soup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 jalapeño finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic grated
- 1/2 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 large parsnips peeled and diced
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- a bunch fresh coriander chopped
- a handful roasted nuts chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, jalapeño, garlic, and ginger and sauté until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add curry paste stir until combined, about 1 minute.
- Add in the carrots and sweet potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Stir everything together then pour the almond milk and the vegetable stock.
- Bring the mixture to a boil then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are fork-tender.
- Using a blender, add soup in batches and purée. Once puréed, taste for seasoning and serve the soup topped with the chopped roasted nuts and coriander, if desired.