The Third Eye Chakra is the sixth energy centre and is the most mystical chakra as it is seen as the portal to enlightenment for many cultures and religions. Located on the forehead, between the eyebrows, it is the centre of intuition and foresight. It provides insight into who we truly are and therefore, of our truth.
The sixth energy centre is associated with the colour purple or bluish-purple, and its symbolised by the spiral.
A healthy Third Eye chakra gives us the tools of awareness of ourselves as spiritual beings and wisdom and can open us to a deep knowing of who we are and what our path is in this lifetime.
People with their Third Eye chakra well opened and vibrating at an accelerated frequency are able to step into a “physic” information that transcends time and space. Dreams are also important messengers to those with a healthy Third Eye chakra.
The sixth chakra is most often first engaged when our mind is involved in activities such as meditation, pray, or dream.
THE THIRD EYE GLOWS WITH THE TRUTH OF RECOGNISING THAT WHATEVER HAPPENS IS THE ONLY THING THAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED.Deanna M. Minich
5 SIGNS OF AN OPEN AND BALANCED THIRD EYE CHAKRA
• You are more mindful of what you eat. Your sensitivity to toxicity increases and you only want to eat what truly nourishes your body, mind and spirit.
• Your feel a sensation of pressure between your eyebrows.
• You live from soul consciousness. You don’t perceive the world as dual, there is no separation between you and the others, you don’t judge people, places or experiences. You see the oneness of all things.
• You changed thought patterns. You are aware of your old thinking patterns which didn’t serve you and begin to think differently. You have reprogrammed your mind and removed old teaching and substituted with your own truths.
• You have developed psychic abilities that allow you to have perceptions beyond the physical body.
10 SIGNS OF AN UNBALANCED THIRD EYE CHAKRA
• You find yourself often thinking back over and over on situations
• You have alcohol or drugs addictions.
• You tend to be erratic in your behaviour.
• You find it hard to be open-minded.
• You are overly logical or overly emotional.
• You rarely dream or remember your dreams.
• You feel cut off from your internal vision and life purpose.
• You feel like you are a victim of your life experience.
• You need external stimulants to keep going (i.e. caffeine)
• You mistrust or dislike people easily.
PHYSIOLOGY OF THE THROAT CHAKRA
The Third Eye chakra encompasses physical and non-physical functions of the human being. Physically, this chakra relates to the eyes, the forehead, and the pineal gland, which controls the clockwork of our secretions and rhythms.
It is also the energy centre that balances and integrates hormones in the body. It oversees the brain and thoughts and therefore the Third Eye chakra is responsible for moods and the projected personality of the self.
ANATOMY ASSOCIATED WITH THE THIRD EYE CHAKRA
• Pineal gland
• Regulation of hormone function
FOODS FOR INTUITION AND IMAGINATION
Foods that balance the Third Eye chakra are usually foods that because of their intensity can create a dramatic physiological response using a small amount, like dizzying or addictiveness.
Caffeine feeds the Third Eye chakra and can cause shifts in mood.
Depending on the person who consume foods that contain caffeine, such as coffee, green or black tea, a certain quantity of caffeine may be useful to stimulate the Third Eye chakra. On someone who is not used to consume caffeine, a dose of 200 mg can increase a sense of awareness and well-being.
However, if we are constantly stimulating the Third Eye chakra with caffeine, we can create an addiction, and as a result, it spins at a higher speed, creating an imbalance in the other chakra systems.
Chocolate is the food that connects to the Third Eye chakra more strongly.
A chocolate craving indicates that there is some Third Eye chakra activity going on. For example, someone who overthinks or overuses his psychic skills may drain this energy centre, and as a result, find himself craving chocolate.
CHOCOLATE’S VIBRATION REPLENISHES AND STIMULATES A DRAINED THIRD EYE CHAKRA.DEANNA M. MINICH
Spices add flavour to foods and in some cases, have medical properties. They not only nourish the Third Eye chakra but also influence the other chakra centres.
Cinnamon, for example, has a strong effect on the Sacral chakra due to its warming properties and its ability to regulate blood sugar.
Curry resonates directly with the Third Eye chakra as it has strong antioxidant properties, and studies have shown that eating it can help protect the brain.
SPICES TO STIMULATE AND PROTECT THE THIRD EYE CHAKRA
- Chilli powder
ALCOHOL AND DRUGS
Overuse of alcohol, drugs or any substance that alters the consciousness affects the Third Eye chakra and other chakras, like the Crown chakra (dissociation with the Divine) and the Throat chakra (giving over sense of truth). Eventually, the Third Eye chakra will be depleted and will lead to depression and lethargy.
Red wine, for example, when consumed moderately, can balance the Third Eye chakra due to the resonance of grapes to the purple vibration.
Purple foods such as grapes, blueberries, and blackberries contain purplish-coloured antioxidants known as anthocyanidins.
Anthocyanidins are the pigments that give red, purple, and blue plants their rich colouring. In addition to acting as antioxidants and fighting free radicals, anthocyanidins may give anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer benefits.
The anthocyanidins family of compounds also acts to protect the brain and nervous system from stress injury. Consuming anthocyanidins will nourish the Third Eye chakra and will protect it from psychic attack and overwork.
RECIPES FOR THE THIRD EYE CHAKRA
Resource: Chakra foods for Optimum health by Deanna M. Minich, Ph.D., C.N | Verywellhealth.com
Disclaimer: The information contained on this site is intended for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for advice, diagnosis or treatment by a licensed physician. You should seek prompt medical care for any health issues and consult your doctor before using alternative medicine or making a change to your regimen.