These triple chocolate and orange truffles make the perfect after-dinner treat. They are made from honey, coconut and cacao butter, dark chocolate, and cocoa powder.
Lots of cocoa powder!
TRIPLE CHOCOLATE & ORANGE TRUFFLES
- 4 tbsp melted raw cacao butter
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 4 tbsp raw honey
- 3/4 cup 60gr. cacao powder plus extra for rolling
- 4 tbsp orange juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 100 gr. dark chocolate bar finely chopped
- Orange peel strips, to decorate optional
- Over a slow heat, place the chopped cacao butter in a medium heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and melt gently stirring all the time. Using a potato peeler, remove the peel of the orange, squeeze and preserve the juice. Remove from the heat, add the melted coconut oil and honey and whisk until well combined.
- Add the cacao powder, orange juice and sea salt and whisk until thick and smooth. Place in the freezer for about 5 to 8 minutes until the mixture is firm. Remove the bowl from the freezer. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out around 2,5 cm size balls and roll them between your palms.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and, using a metal spoon, stir until melted and smooth. Allow standing at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Using two forks dip the truffles in the melted chocolate, allowing any excess to drip off and reserving the remaining chocolate, and place on a lightly greased wire rack set over foil paper. Place in the fridge overnight or until set.
- Meanwhile, cut some orange peel in fine strips and dip in the remaining melted chocolate, reheating if necessary.
- Dust the truffles with the extra cacao powder and top with orange peel strips (optional). Refrigerate until ready to serve.